Bumrungrad International is an internationally accredited, multi-specialty hospital located in the heart of Bangkok, Thailand. Bumrungrad offers state-or-the-art diagnostic, therapeutic and intensive care facilities in a one-stop medical center.
Founded in 1980, today it is the largest private hospital in Southeast Asia, with 554 beds and over 30 specialty centers.
Bumrungrad serves over a million patients annually. Over 400,000 are internationals. They include thousands of expatriates who live in Bangkok and nearby countries, plus visitors from 190 countries around the world who come here for treatment. English is widely spoken. The hospital has a medical coordination office staffed by doctors, nurses, and interpreters who serve the special needs of international patients.
Bumrungrad is a public company traded on the Thai stock exchange. It has been featured by CBS’s 60 Minutes, NBC’s Today Show, Time, Newsweek, and other international press as a leader in medical tourism.
World Class Medicine World Class Service
Mission of Bumrungrad
We provide world class healthcare with care and compassion.
- We strive to exceed our customer’s expectations
- We are committed to our Medical and Hospital staff’s welfare, education, training and development.
- We continually improve the quality and safety of everything we do.
- We strive for professional excellence and innovation in all we do.
- We embrace cultural diversity with Thai hospitality.
- We strive to make everything we do” World Class”.
- We are trusted, honest, and ethical in all our dealings
- We work as a team and share what we know.
- We highly value our corporate social responsibilities
- We operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
Bumrungrad Patient Care
Our patients are served by over 700+ nurses and 1,200+ doctors, covering 55 sub-specialties. The Red Cross gives Bumrungrad its top classification of “A” – defined as “a tertiary care center which should be able to provide quality care in all medical specialties including invasive cardiology, cardiac and neurosurgery.”
The hospital features a 24-hour Emergency Room; 19 operating theaters; four types of intensive care units (adult, pediatric, cardiac and a Level III neo-natal ICU); and a rehabilitation center.
Surgical facilities include two cardiac catheterization labs, 19 operating theaters (two specifically set up for cardiac surgery), a surgical navigation system; plus endoscopy, arthroscopy, lithotripsy and interventional radiology capabilities.
Other special capabilities include:
Bumrungrad Health Checkup
- MRI; CT; 64 slices multidetector CT scanning
- PACS digital imaging management
- Image – Guided Radiation Therapy ( IGRT ) using Synergy – S system
- Philips Linear accelerator dual energy photon ( 6&18 MV ) and a range of electron beams from 4-20 MeV
- Big Bore CT Simulator – 16 slices
- Simulator topometric devices for pre-radiation preparation of patients to ensure accuracy
- 3-D computer planning system with direct connection to BI’s CT & MRI imaging systems
- State-of-the-art-Pinnacle treatment Planning
- 3D conformal brachytherapy treatment planning
- Ultrasound guided – Brachytherapy ( IGBT )
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- High-dose rate (HRD) brachytherapy :tiny catheters place radioactive isotopes in close short-term contact with cancerous issue
- Custom block fabrication ; Allows the radiation oncologists to protect healthy issue and organs by using custom made protection
The Plastic Surgery Center at Bumrungrad International attracts patients from Thailand and abroad with its excellent reputation. Procedures include cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, skin treatment and hair transplantation.
Wellness, Anti-Aging, and Fitness Center
Bumrungrad International is committed to protecting the global environment and to conserving energy and natural resources. We support efforts to maintain and promote the health and safety of the community and we participate in activities supporting these principles.
Guiding Principles of Bumrungrad
- The Hospital will establish environmental, health, and safety policies that comply with government regulations and world standards and ensure that staff and contractors are properly educated and trained in these policies.
- Every staff member and contractor on the Hospital’s premises is expected to follow the Hospital’s environmental policies and report any environmental, health or safety concerns to management to take appropriate actions.
- We will minimize the environmental impact of the hospital’s operations on the neighboring communities due to such potential hazards as infectious waste water management, etc.
- We will respect the use of natural resources by participating in energy conservation, initiative and supporting the recycling of materials.
- We will conduct stringent audits and reviews of the Hospital’s compliance with our environment policies and strive to continuously improve the environment.
Bumrungrad International is managed by a team of experienced hospital administrators from America, Australia, Singapore, Thailand and United Kingdom.
The hospital’s medical Chairman is board certified in the UK. Its Group Medical Director is board certified in the US. Other top medical officers were trained in the US or UK, and/or held positions at one of Thailand’s top teaching hospitals.
Bumrungrad’s goal is to provide world class medicine and service. It is guided by four criteria:
- the objective quality of professional care
- patient satisfaction with care and service
- staff satisfaction
- continuous improvement
The hospital not only accepts but seeks out independent third-party review of its quality.