Chao Phraya Hospital is a leading private health care institution in Thailand celebrating its 15th anniversary this year. It is incorporated in 1988 by a multidisciplinary team of physician specialists and health care institutions under the leadership of the late Senator Lt. Gen. Dr. Kovit Patakayon, M.D.
From its very inception, the hospital was conceived as a tertiary care general hospital to provide high quality healthcare by specialists to both the local and international patients and this has always been the guiding principle in its conduct and development.
Mission of Chao Phraya Hospital
To ensure the complete satisfaction of our patients and superior quality of life.
Chaophya Hospital is Committed to:
- Provide high-quality medical services by our well-trained medical professionals.
- Utilize state-of-the-art medical equipment and technology.
- Uphold the values and ethics of medical practice.
- Provide the best health care for the betterment of the patient’s quality of life at reasonable cost and with high quality services.
- Constantly improve the quality of life and care of our patients.
- Be the leading hospital in Thailand for local and international health care services.
Hisotry of Chao Phraya Hospital
Chao Phraya Hospital is situated near the famous Chaophraya river, on Boromrachachonnee Road, in Bangkoknoi area. It was established in 1991 and is celebrating its 20th anniversary in May 2011.
Chaophraya Hospital Medical Services
Chao Phraya Hospital offers a wide range of health care and medical services for international patients visiting Thailand.
Medical departments available at Chaophraya Hospital include:
- 24 -hour Heart Center
- Chaophya Children ‘s Hospital
- 24 -hour Eye Center
- 24 -hour Obstetrics and Gynaecology Center
- 24-hour Radiology Imaging Center
- 24-hour Internal Medicine Center
- 24-hour Surgery Center
- Spine and Orthopedic Center
- Checkup Center
- Gastrointestinal and Liver Center
- Dental Center
- Skin Laser & Aesthetic Center
- Diabetes Center
- Haemodialysis Center
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Center
- Chaophya -Jintabutr Fertility Center
Chao Phraya Hospital Location
Located on 5.5 acres of land on the west bank of the famed Chaophya river, its namesake, which cut through the heart of Bangkok, the hospital is easily accessible by land and waterway. It is only fifteen minutes from Siriraj Hospital, the oldest and largest medical school in Thailand, from where the hospital draws its many expert and talented medical consultant physicians.
Chao Phraya Hospital Improvement
In 2002, in keeping with its adherence to good governance concept, Chaophya Hospital becomes a public company and administrative restructuring was carried out to bring in talented team of physician-cum-administrators and new partners. Since that time, the hospital has undertaken major renovation project investing more than 150 million baht for a major upgrade of medical equipment and facilities for both the outpatient and inpatient quarters.
Under the leadership of Prof. Supachai Chaithiraphan, its chief executive officer and Heart Center director, Chaophya Hospital is privileged to be at ground zero of the innovative stem cell therapy for end-staged ischemic heart disease patients and a trailblazer in translating stem cell research from the laboratory bench to the patient’s bedside. Since March, 2005, more than 40 patients from U.S., U.K., Southeast Asian and the Middle East regions have been treated successfully and it is expected that the number of patients will grow rapidly in the coming months.